Gabriel Cardenas Memorial Achievement Award Application
Spring 2023 | $1000 scholarship awarded
This scholarship is established in memory of Gabriel Cardenas, a Washington State University Ph.D. candidate in education. Gabriel's life and promising career were cut short by an auto accident in 1977. It is a scholarship targeting students active in the Latinx/Chicanx community.
The scholarship committee will review applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time Washington State University (WSU) undergraduate student.
- Must have been or currently participated in the Chicanx/Latinx Student Center, Multicultural Student Services, and/or have participated in respective programs, activities, resources, leadership, etc.
- Have a cumulative WSU GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Be active in the Latinx/Chicanx community with related student organizations and demonstrate activism and community service.
- Complete the scholarship application in its entirety and submit it by the due date.
- Be an enrolled WSU undergraduate student for Fall 2023
Examples of related involvement include the Team Mentoring Program (TMP), Compass Mentor Program (formerly the CESJ Student Mentor Program), Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP), Smart Start Program (SSP), and related workshops.
Applications are due February 22, 2023. Applicants will be notified by March 17, 2023 regarding the results.